Sunday, March 1, 2009

Singer needles only!!!!

I have a DSM with a table frame my husband fabricated for me in his spare time. The machine I have on it is worn out and useless for garment sewing. (It lost reverse.) I have a new Singer I use for garment and quilt sewing.

BACK to the machine I now use for machine quilting. It stitches well. I broke a needle in February. I replaced the needle in FEBRUARY, of course. As I have many times. . . . The machine would not sew. I checked every thing possible. Another new needle. . . . rethreaded . . . . new needle again. . . . new thread. . . . new bobbin. . . . on and on and on AND onnnnnn.

Before throwing the dern thing down the stairs, I bought new needles, again. This time I bought Singer needles. The DERN machine sews perfectly. PERFECTLY!!!! This machine demands Singer needles, and SINGER needles only. IT IS NOT A SINGER SEWING MACHINE! IT IS A KENMORE.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

It's amazing how litle things can make a difference to the operation of a complex machine! Glad you sorted it out, though.