Friday, March 13, 2009

Shingles!

I have the shingles. ON MY FACE!!! 2 or 3 people (aged 20 to 50) in 1000 who have had chickenpox develop shingles. Of those 2 or 3, only 7 to 10% have them on their face! Because I teach Kindergarten, my doctor put me on Medical leave until March 23. I can give chickenpox to others.
Since I had Brayden last night, Jen decided he could continue to stay here this weekend. He is either going to break out in Chickenpox or he's not. He has already been exposed to me. The doc said that the virus was only skin contact, not airborne.
I'll have an extra week of unexpected time off. I'll get lots of crafty time in.

Edited to add: after a week of quarantine, I returned to the doctor's. IT'S NOT SHINGLES. It's rosecea. Which is what I thought when I went to the doc's in the first place. I have rosecea, have had it for years. BUT in her words, this is the best case of rosecea mimicing trigeminal shingles she's ever seen. (but, no refund for meds or office visits)

1 comment:

Leah said...

sorry about the shingles but good for you about extra craft time!

i was just looking at the Black/White Challenge and can't decide if that was you who tried to post to it last. Anyway i just wanted to report that it looks like whatever you were trying to post did not go through.