Saturday, October 25, 2008

The joys of Fibromaylgia

It is finally cool here in Louisiana. The low last night was in the 40's. We will be in the upper 70's or low 80's today. Later next week, the temp is expected to stay in the upper 60's!!!
HOWEVER, along with the cooler temperatures, I am having a major fibro flare. I have over taxed myself this week and am paying for it now! We had that cold front move in Thursday while my K class went to the zoo (zero parental support, NO chaperones came, NONE), I attended the LAECA conference out of town Friday driving about 6 hours, and today will go out of town again for the races another 3 hours in the truck and being outdoors 5 or 6 hours. I can't leave out babysitting Brayden last evening.
I have a good pain meds on hand. I think I'll go down and find something to help ease this pain. I'm going to have to go for the big guns today. I always try to dull the pain without taking the heavier meds in order to be able to continue to teach. I will not take my more powerful drugs and go in to teach. I want to know I am not loopy or going to become loopy in the classroom.
I'm not going to whine anymore. I'm just going to go away.

Martha

No comments: