Monday, March 12, 2012

More dresses for Abby!

Just a better picture of this little dress.

Simplicity 2574 is my go to pattern for Abigail. This dresses were all cut from the same pattern.

This little plaid dress has the front yoke and straps cut from the square yoke view. The yoke and straps are one piece. The pleated skirt is directly from the pattern. However, I used my one piece back that I cut from butcher paper. The facings were cut from the pattern. I generally don't use those tiny facings.






Simplicity 2574, again. This time I used the one piece front and and back butcher paper patterns. The lace was sewn down the front and the ric-rac was added before any other sewing was done. I made this dress following the same steps as the
others.
I made the facings using the dress front and back pattern pieces. I have a line drawn on the pattern paper about 31/2" down from the armscyes straight across to the center front or center back.

2 comments:

anky said...

Nice clothes! I think these kind of dresses are perfect for summers and I must say that the colors you have selected are also good.
baby dresses

Martha said...

Thanks, I appreciate your comments.