Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Breezy's new socks

Breezy's first pair of socks are almost finished. I am knitting the foot of the second sock of the pair. I am using a spiral rib pattern for the leg after about 1 inch of 3x3 ribbing. I am making these socks with 6 petal star toes. The feet are stockinette. Breana no longer can put her socks on because she can't turn the socks on her feet to get the heels and toes on correctly. With 6 petal star toes and no heels, she will be able to get these socks on correctly.
The socks are a very quick knit. I cast on the first sock Sunday afternoon. Knittted alot on Monday, finishing the first sock. I will post my knitting notes for the socks so I will be able to recreate them.
The sock's spiralling ribs make me think of a ice cream cone. I will make her a pair of white 'ice cream' socks next.
MANY, MANY THANKS to those of the knitting groups who lead me through creating 'anyway toes' socks for Breezy.

I have a huge pile of fabric to make Joseph's bedding. I will begin sewing all of that after I make Vanessa more maternity clothes.

No comments: