Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas

It's after 11 and I'm still madly quilting. It will take a miracle for all of the quilts to be finished by Christmas. I've gifted 3 more quilts this week, 2 snuggle Bargelloes for 2 grandneices, and a disappearing nine patch for a grandnephew.
This is in addition to 2 train quilts, 2 bargelloes, 1 simple stars, and 1 monkey wrench(also known by churn dash).
There is a Kindergarten teacher in Arkansas who must hate me! One grandnephew is so tickled with his train quilt he took it to school for his nap quilt. I teach K, and I know what a stir that quilt caused when I took to school to use as a visual for my lesson on quilts. (Quilt is a great Q word!! )
I have pieced 2 Tessellating Star tops for my in-laws and need 2 others. These really need to be at to the flimsy stage before the new owners can know about them. A note with 'some assembly required' will be attached to each flimsy and backing. I will return them quilted by the end of the month.

1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Thanks for the tip on the really-low-odor markers, I'll definitely go on a search for them. Can't wait to see you Tessellating Star flimsies.