Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011

It has been a long time since my last post in May. Many things have happened here. David and Jenn moved into our home last August. They are building a new home next door. I love having them here, but our house has become quite crowded. They have a couple of months left in the building process.
Most importantly I have been able to grieve for Ann. I feel the loss of my sister still, but the hurt has blunted a tiny bit. Ann and I were born only 17 months apart. Most of all, Ann was apart of my life as long as I can remember. It's simply that I have no memories of before Ann was born.
On a happier note, all of the grands are growing like mad. Brayden has an amazing vocabulary for a 27 month-old child. Last week he was playing with a dinosaur. He said, "Mommy, it's a sighcertops." Mommy, not having heard Brayden try to pronounce the word triceratops, didn't understand him the four or five times he tried to tell her. "Mommy, it's a really big dinosaur." was his final word on the subject.
Joseph and Abigail are now walking independently. Joe will consent to holding my hand if I think it's necessary, but Abby does not want to be bothered. It is a fight to the bitter end to make her hold a hand when she walks. They are beginning to talk. They can say each others names, and Mamaw, Papaw, mama, dada, and BATH. Bathtime is a major event in our day around here. If the 3 grands hear a tub start to fill with water, they come runnning. The little ones are pulling at their clothes, and Brayden is shouting " It's my turn! It's my turn to take bath."

1 comment:

Marguerita McManus said...

Ah, what a great update! I have the opposite transition - we are in Arizona for the winter, and no granddaughter! ACK :( I am used to having her at least one long weekend a month. It feels so odd being in this big, empty house. On the up-side, I am getting a LOT of learning in and am almost ready to self-publish my newest book :)

I was happy to read your update!