Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My heart is aching

Just before Christmas, my younger sister, Ann, received a diagnosis of ovarian cancer. She has tumors in her brain also. SHe is about 2 hours away, about to undergo brain surgery. They will try to remove the largest brain tumor, and treat the other 2 with radiation and chemo. The abdominal masses will be treated at a later date.
Ann has 2 daughters, Susan and Stephanie. Susan is 21. Stephanie will graduated HS this spring.
Ann has asked for pictures of my youngest grandbaby, Abby, because she hasn't gotten to see her.
I can't go to be with her because I have the flu. Or what the doc diagnosised as the flu over the phone. I think I actually have bronchitis. Regardless, I can't be around Ann.

1 comment:

Marguerita McManus said...

Oh Martha, I am so sorry. My prayers are with you and your family. Marguerita