Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New buzz in my head



I have an idea for a quilt I want to make buzzing around inside my head. It is inspired by the children's book Arrow to the Sun by Gerald McDermott. I read the book to my K class yesterday. I could hardly read the book for thinking "This would make a great quilt. It's even angular. Look at the colors against the black. I've got to start drawing up designs for a quilt." I have already purchased fat quarters in rainbow colors with yardage in black. I've been turning ideas around in my head for a rainbow quilt set in sashings of black. I'm still thinking of rainbow strings with black. AND this fabric I used in Brayden's Busy Boy quilt.Got to get to the fabric store to see if any is left!! I can't wait to see where this will end up.
Errands call- 1. Vote 2. cleaning supplies from Wal-Mart 3. Nora Robert'sTWO new books 3. pick up Brayden for the afternoon. Yep, save the best for last.
Martha

No comments: